CD4AP engages in periodic hiring on an ongoing basis. We are a faith-based, non-profit organization dedicated to improving the economic, social and spiritual quality of life for residents of Columbus’ South Side. Located at 946 Parsons Avenue in Columbus, Ohio, CD4AP has been serving South Side residents for more than 10 years. To learn of current and/or future employment opportunities continue to visit this page. Thank you again for your interest in employment with Church and Community Development for All People.
Community Development for All People (CD4AP) is seeking a mature, energetic, experienced non-profit professional for a full-time position (40 hours/week) to oversee general accounting, financial reporting, accounts receivable/collection, payroll, and employee benefits.
This position will report to the Managing Director and will serve as the direct supervisor of the Accounting Coordinator.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
To successfully complete the role of Accounting Director the selected candidate will be called upon to:
· Oversee general accounting functions which include: cash management/reconciliation, financial reporting, and balance sheet management
· Serve as the primary liaison between CD4AP and external auditors
· Work with Program Directors to establish their annual budgets
· Make quarterly updates to the budget forecast
· Prepare and process new hire and benefits paperwork for employees
· Prepare financial statements for CD4AP and affiliates
· Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
· Contributing to team effort of organization through related duties
The successful applicant will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Comletion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related field required
· 3-5 years of relevant accounting experience
· Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and financial reporting
· Prior management experience
· Ability to work collaboratively across several diverse departments
· Excellent communication and leadership skills
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and cover letter to Sheldon K. Johnson, Managing Director via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line: Accounting Director.
CD4AP offers medical insurance, a 403(B) retirement plan, and other employee paid benefits.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED