Community Development and the Church for All People recognize that wellness is both physical and spiritual. A variety of programs are offered to the community in an effort to promote healthy living. We also invite and encourage donations of healthy snacks and food which are made available during Free Store hours and at various meals throughout the week. Just drop off your donations any time the Free Store is open.
Mount Carmel Health Station
In a partnership between Mount Carmel Health and Community Development for All People, the health station provides primary medical treatment from a medical doctor and nurse practitioner, including health screenings, wellness care and prevention. While most insurance is accepted, if you are uninsured are concerned about your ability to pay, a financial counselor is present during Health Station hours. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
Should you need care beyond that provided by the Health Station, any care provided through Mount Carmel systems continues to be provided under these same terms. To make an appointment or find out more, call 614-445-6275. The clinic is currently open Monday through Thursday, 8-4 pm, and Friday, 8-12 noon.
Healing and Prayer
The prayer room is open right after Sunday Worship and throughout the week for those needing pastoral prayer. Contact any staff member. Prayer partners are available after Sunday worship in the same space. On Wednesdays at 5:00 the Intentional Prayer ministry meets in the prayer room to pray over those concerns lifted up in worship and through the prayer box.
Health and Wellness Support
A variety of groups and programs work to promote healthy and addiction-free living in our community:
- Department of Health at the Free Store: A nurse offers free blood sugar and blood pressure screenings on Thursdays at 10:00 and on Wednesdays at 3:00 at the Free Store.
- Health Living Support Group: Saturdays 11:00 a.m. Downstairs conference room. This faith-based support group is open to anyone wishing to care for their physical and emotional health, especially for those struggling with eating and food-related health issues.
- Emotions Anonymous: Saturdays 1:00 p.m. Downstairs conference room. This group is for anyone who struggles with emotional issues such as anxiety, depression, anger or other things that get in the way of living a healthy in-control life.
- Narcotics Anonymous: Fridays, 5:00 p.m. Offers a support group and 12-step program for those suffering from drug addictions. It provides a recovery process and a network of support.
- Faith Partners: The Faith Partners Team Ministry Approach organizes and empowers congregational members with particular experience or interest in the healing process for people with addictions and their affected families. With specialized training, they work as teams to advance healing opportunities within the congregation. To learn more about being a faith partner, or to connect with a support person, please call the church office at 614-445-7342
Couch Potato Workout
The Governor (Gregg Peerson), a trained fitness instructor, conducts a chair workout Wednesday afternoons at about 3:30 in the Free Store waiting room. No special equipment is required and the exercises can be done by anyone of any ability level. Just show up and join in!