Harmony on the Southside is a community outreach venture of the Community Development for All People Corporation, an organization which works to improve the economic and social conditions of the Southside Columbus community. We seek to create positive community identity and improve the quality of life for Columbus Southside residents by providing music and opportunities to make music throughout the community. View program video
What Do We Do?
- Perform music that is uplifting, positive, fun and interactive in venues throughout the Southside and Downtown Columbus.
- Present music and musicians that cross ethnic and cultural boundaries to demonstrate multicultural harmony.
- Use arts events to create a sense of positive community identity and goodwill.
- Support and highlight positive efforts and events in the community, such as new small businesses, health screenings, immunization drives, community associations, and voter registration.
- Mentor aspiring musicians in the community, including children and youth.
- Help children, youth and adults discover the joy of experiencing and making art.
- Support the performing and visual arts by providing supplemental income for musicians and artists.
- Provide music lessons to youth and adults.
- Provide alternative entertainment events which are positive, and drug and alcohol free.
Questions? Read our FAQ's
Buy Our CD's Online Here (profits benefit Harmony on the Southside)
Upcoming Concerts and Events
All times from 6-8 pm. Free music, snacks and coffee in a safe welcoming environment for all ages:
- January 24
- February 28
- March 28
- April 25
- September 26
- October 31
Parties on the Plaza
Concert festivals on the parking lot at Parsons and Stanley.
Arts Encounters” will be offered at the United Methodist Free Store (946 Parsons Avenue) on the last Saturday of each month except November and December, from 10:00 am to noon. Visual artists will work with participants of all ages to create “make-and-take art” projects. Children can participate with safe supervision while their parents shop in the Free Store.
All talents are welcome at Open Mic on Mondays at 7:00 pm at 946 Parsons Avenue. Performances on the first Monday of each month. Preparation and voice/guitar/drum lessons on other weeks.
Ways You Can Participate
- Book the All People Band - Available for community and professional events. Contact Us for information.
- Contribute Instruments - We need youth and adult sized guitars, and other musical equipment. Email us if you think you can help.
- Contribute Money - Our grants require a match and your funds are important to keep our program going. Send tax deductible donations to Community Development for All People, P.O. Box 06063, Columbus, OH 43206, marked as "Harmony".
- Volunteer - teach an instrument or voice, be a band "roadie", or help with fund-raising.
- Perform - Experienced musicians and singers wishing to become involved in the program should contact Chris Sunami, the Program Director. Email Here