The United Methodist Free Store provides clothing and household items to families in need in a hospitable atmosphere that affirms the self-worth of each individual. More than 40,000 families have become members of the Free Store since we opened our doors in January 1999.
For every dollar donated to the Free Store twenty-one dollars are returned to the community. The success of the UM Free Store is the result of individuals, local businesses and church congregations in the Central Ohio area.
And of course our volunteers!
Free Store volunteers assist by performing check-out,
inventory, racking & clerical duties.
For more information about the Free Store, please contact
Theresa Nantor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-445-7342 x14.
Tues, Thurs, Sat 10-12:30 pm
Wednesday 1-3:30 pm
Friday, 3-5:30 pm
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Sat
Monday, Tue, Thur, Sat 9-1pm
[tab title=”Ways You Can Participate”]
- Volunteer as sorters, counter staff and hospitality hosts.
- Community Service opportunities available for Work Experience Program, court, schools, or agencies.
- Charitable Contributions are needed for operations and for special events. All monetary donations are used to fund special events (outreach) such as Back to School and Christmas Shop.
- Donate clothing and household goods. Items can be dropped off in the rear of the store during Free Store hours.
Contact Theresa Nantor for more information.
[tab title=”What to Donate”]
Your donations are vital to the success of the United Methodist Free Store. Donation items collected may be delivered to the backdoor of the Free Store during designated donation times. Please see below for items most needed.
- Shaving Cream
- Shampoo & Conditioner
- Hair brushes
- Baby Diapers
- Small appliances (toaster, iron, microwave, TV..etc)
- Rugs large & Small
- All clothing particularly large men and women sizes
- Tall kitchen bags
- Lysol disinfectant
- daily bus pass ($2.00 for one day pass; $4.50 for an all-day pass.)
- Baby equipment
[tab title=”National Free Store Network “]
Over 60 Free Stores have been launched across the nation, offering God’s grace in tangible form to those in need. Out of this, a National Free Store Network was recently formed, to provide an exchange of ideas and best practices.
For those wishing to form a Free Store, view examples of documents used by the Free Store. [/tab]
[tab title=”Back to School”]
Once per year, we partner with our neighborhood schools each year to provide school supplies for the students at four of the local elementary schools.
- NEW underclothes
- NEW socks
- Uniforms (dark pants and skirts and white tops)
- Jumbo Crayons
- Jumbo Pencils
- Blunt Scissors
- Colored Pencils
- 24-Count Crayons
- Folders (3 prong, 2 pocket)
- Glue sticks
- Ink Pens, (Black/Blue)
- Loose Leaf Notebook Paper, No. 2
- Spiral Notebooks
[tab title=”Christmas Shop”]
Our annual Christmas Shop helps provide new toys and clothes to hundreds of community children for Christmas morning. An estimated $50,000 dollars of merchandise is distributed each year.
Volunteers and donations are always welcome to make this event a success!
[tab title=”Special Events”]